BMS Micro Rack
were originally designed for the caving community and have become the device of choice for both expedition and recreational cavers in the US. These closed frame racks offer increased strength (see spec. below) and at the same time are almost half the size of conventional open frame racks. The bars are fabricated from extra-heavy wall stainless steel tubing which yields unequaled resistance to abrasion. Under normal conditions they should supply a lifetime of use. Supplied with an extended top bar with pin (hyper-bar), the BMS Micro-Rack not only increases options for control of descent but also facilitates simple lock offs (see Rigging Configurations below). The transition from locked off to descent or lower is smooth and easy. BMS Micro-Racks are available in two frame lengths (specs below) to accommodate a wide range of rope sizes and loads. They are also available with a second inverted hyper-bar below the top hyper-bar (see picture above). This modification allows the user to take an additional wrap around the hyper-bars to further increase the load handling abilities of these devices. This modification has been widely accepted in the Fire and Search & Rescue communities as providing a compact and safe alternative to traditional 6 bar open frame racks.
- High Strength Stainless Steel Construction For Maximum Abrasion and Corrosion Resistance
- Compact And Easy to Carry
- Frame Strength: 14,000 lbs. plus
- Individually Tested: 1,000 lbs. load
- Manner of Use Test: Failure at 6,000 lbs. plus
Short Frame Dimensions:
- 8 1/2" x 2 3/4" x 3/4" (216 mm x 70mm x 19 mm)
- For 3/8" (10 mm) & 7/16" (11 mm) Rope
Long Frame Dimensions:
- 10 1/2" x 2 3/4" x 3/4" or 267 x 70 x 19 mm
- For 7/16" (11 mm) and 1/2" (12.5 mm) Rope
- Recommended for light loads or small people on stiff rope
- Short Frame: 14.2 oz.(405g)
- Long Frame: 15.2 oz.(432g)
- Add 1.3 oz.(42g) for Dual Hyper-Bar Models
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.