Petzl FREINO Z
Automatic locking carabiner with friction spur for STOP and SIMPLE descenders
FREINO Z is an automatic locking carabiner with friction spur, designed for STOP (D009AA00) and SIMPLE (D004AA00) caving descenders. It allows the user to increase or control the braking action of the descent. It facilitates creation of a tie-off. FREINO Z can be rotated in order to make the descender loss-proof when transferred from gear loop to semi-circular carabiner.
- Descent control:
- spur provides additional braking action during descent
- easy to use and control. The rope can be quickly redirected over the friction spur and removed with one hand
- Easy handling:
- facilitates creation of a tie-off
- Keylock system, to avoid any involuntary snagging of the carabiner
- TWIST-LOCK automatic locking system, for quick opening
- Can be rotated in order to make the STOP or SIMPLE descender loss-proof when transferred from gear loop to semi-circular carabiner
- Compatible only with STOP (D009AA00) and SIMPLE (D004AA00) caving descenders
- Material(s): aluminum
- Certification(s): CE EN 12275 type B, UIAA
- Gate opening for friction spur: 12 mm
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is this the tri-lock? Or the two-action lock?
Thanks for reaching out. The Freino Z Twist-Lock is a two-action locking carabiner. Let me know if there is anything else that I do to help out!